Health & Technology Products All Made In America
Subscribe to our periodic Health & Technology Updates
Why purchase any costly supplements when the HALO photonic-botanical systems will deliver all the nutrients & botanicals your body requires to the cellular level at the speed of light???
Contact us for more information.
HALO photonic-botanical systems, LifeTime electrostatic air filters, Takara detoxification foot patches & Better World Technologies products
Better World Technologies Products Via The UCSA Co-Op
Authorized dealer for UCS of A Co-Op products
HydroWeed - Organic oil absorbing product from UCS of A Dealers the dealer network for BWT
The Environmental Clean-Up Product For the 21st Century!
HydroWeed is one of Nature's non-chemical wonders. Using a select type of peat moss, and a processing that sterilizes the individual fibers while killing off the insects, HydroWeed is a safe, environmentally friendly product that reacts just the opposite of what you would expect.
Because HydroWeed will NOT release soaked up oil or other hydrocarbons, it is the ideal product for cleaning up any type of oil or chemical spill. While peat moss is normally used in gardening to retain moisture around plant roots, HydroWeed differs in that it rejects water indefinitely. It literally locks up the chemical along with any heavy metals, preventing them from leaking or washing out once they are absorbed.
Any type of hydrocarbon leak on the surface of water be it an ocean, lake, stream or river presents a danger of contamination to the water as well as all living creatures, vegetation and shore lines. HydroWeed sprinkled on the top of the spill contains the chemicals and 'locks it up' so that it cannot stick to any living creature, vegetation or shore line. It also prevents the chemical from sinking to the bottom once it is in its fiber. A bird landing on the top of a spill treated with HydroWeed would simply take off again without a single drop of oil on its feathers.
One pound of HydroWeed will absorb eight to twelve times its weight in medium weight oil. That is fifteen times more than clay absorbers. HydroWeed is non corrosive, non polluting and non toxic. It is completely safe and easy to use. Once the spill has been cleaned up, you can simply dispose of the HydroWeed by spreading it along a fence line or elsewhere for weed control. Nature will then provide the microbes who will eat the oil or chemical contained in it and the peat moss construction of the HydroWeed will benefit the soil just as any other peat moss would do.
HydroWeed is ideal for those living near a body of water, boat owners, and anyone else who regularly uses chemicals or encounters spills. HydroWeed works just as well on dry surfaces or on soil as it does on water. It will selectively pick up a chemical spill on a wet roadway and leave the water behind. HydroWeed can be used as a packing, material in boxes containing shipments of chemical products, or anything else that may leak or create moisture. Every transporter should carry HydroWeed to safeguard against insurance loss and environmental damage. Every household should have an ample supply of HydroWeed to catch and absorb oil, grease and other hydrocarbons, and dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner.
Nothing Else Will Do What HydroWeed Does... Nothing!
Typical HydroWeed Stories
A top ten chemical company last year had a 500 gallon spill. They cleaned the spill with a clay-based product used by most organizations. The spill took seven hours to clean and they had 55 drums of hazardous wastes to remove at $250.00 per drum. Recently they again had a 500 gallon spill, this time they used HydroWeed. The end result was the clean-up took two hours with only 14 drums of waste which they had the option to be incinerated in lieu of hazardous waste to be buried.
A Fortune 500 chemical company in Delaware had oil leaking and filling up their cement block walls. They hired an environmental cleanup company to drain the walls and clean the spill. The company stated the cleanup by knocking holes in the blocks and letting the oil run out They used HydroWeed to absorb the oil by covering the floor. HydroWeed was ideal since it is non-tracking. The chemical company said they had never seen such a product work so well. The environmental cleanup company calls HydroWeed their magic powder.
Fulfills all Waste and Storage Requirements of the EPA
What is Hydro Weed?
- A non-toxic, non-abrasive organic blonde sphagnum peat moss harvested from the bogs of Newfoundland.
- A lightweight, natural hydrocarbon absorbent: more cost effective, more efficient absorbency power, and easier to use than any other products.
- Hydro Weed is the component used in all socks, booms & kits.
What does Hydro Weed do?
- Absorbs hydrocarbons by encapsulating them on contact. Requires less product for storage and disposal. 1 lb. of Hydro Weed will absorb approximately 1 gallon of oil. Absorbs hydrocarbons on contact and resists taking on water.
- Will reduce up to 90% of combustible vapors upon application due to its high vapor suppression capacity.
- Removes ALL free oil from spill sites upon extraction.
- Absorbs hydrocarbons on land, on hard surfaces i.e., asphalt, concrete, motor pool parking lots, and on water.
How does Hydro Weed work?
- Absorbs hydrocarbons quickly with its capillary action and porous structure.
- Encapsulates hydrocarbons, including PCB's - on contact - taking in the hydrocarbon, rather than allowing the hydrocarbon to attach to the outer surface of the product.
- Has a 5% moisture level which aids in its high absorbency rate. Hydro Weed goes through a patented drying process that no other peat can measure up to.
- Easy to apply, easy to clean up.
- Leaves behind no messy residue after clean up.
What are Hydro Weed's advantages?
- Safe for the environment - non-toxic, and biodegradable.
- Passes the North American Leachate Standards. Will not release captured hydrocarbons into the environment.
- Reduces man-hours required for cleanup.
- Absorbs all oil based products including PCB's and oil based paint.
- Requires less product for spill cleanup which cuts cost.
- Less product used means less volume hauled and disposed of in the landfill. SAVES VALUABLE LANDFILL SPACE.
- Can be incinerated. On its own will contribute 7,200 BTU's per pound during incineration (excluding POL products.) And leaves behind only 0.42% ash residual.
- Recycling and bio-degradability are major environmental concerns. HydroWeed is the answer to these concerns.
ABSORBS OIL ON CONTACT
Sometimes, the absorbents you use to clean up an oil spill can be more of a problem than a solution. Conventional absorbents work slowly when applied to a spill and may subsequently release the oil, violating regulatory leachate standards, HydroWeed absorbs on contact to contain the spill. Because of its high and immediate absorbency, it saves valuable cleanup time.
HydroWeed absorbs up to 12 times its weight. Less storage space is needed, transportation and handling are made easier and disposal costs are reduced when using HydroWeed.
HydroWeed with its high absorption capacity results in low cleanup costs. While other oil absorbents may seem less expensive at first HydroWeed is actually more cost- effective. For
example, it absorbs medium-weight oil 12 times more efficiently than clay.
HydroWeed is an organic, non-toxic product which can be disposed of in a landfill or by incineration in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
ABSORBS OIL NOT WATER
HydroWeed is ideal for use on water. It is hydrophobic, i.e., it does not absorb water, and it isoleophilic, i.e. it quickly absorbs oil allowing for immediate cleanup.
HEMOPHILIC v. CLAY
HydroWeed absorbs 12 times its weight in medium oil! One pound of HydroWeed one gallon of oil One 44 liter bag replaces 450 lbs. of clay!
MEETS LEACHATE STANDARDS
HydroWeed will not release soaked-up oil. An independent laboratory test has shown that HydroWeed exceeds leachate standards in the United States and Canada when used to absorb oil containing PCBs some organo-chlorinated pesticides, cadmium, chromium and lead.
Instantaneous, water-repelling cleanup agent for industrial and marine oil spills.
- Wear protective clothing before attempting to clean up any spill. Caution must be used when handling, storing, or disposing of absorbents saturated with hazardous material.
- Spread HydroWeed on oil until it turns a dark wet color. Continue to spread HydroWeed until all visible oil is absorbed.
- On dry surfaces, sweep the oil-soaked HydroWeed and place in disposal bag or container.
- On water retrieve the oil-soaked HydroWeed either manually using screening forks or by suction devices.
- Dispose properly by consulting qualified personnel and government agencies for disposal of oil-soaked HydroWeed. If used with non-hazardous fluids, HydroWeed can be incinerated or and filled.
How To Dispose of Land Filled
There are three proven methods to dispose of used/absorbed HydroWeed
- Reduces the volume of contaminated absorbent being disposed of in the landfill. Spills require much less land filled than conventional products 2 to 3 times less for cleanup and disposal.
- Reduces man hours to cleanup spills. This means HydroWeed saves valuable landfill space when compared to other products.
- Reduces hauling costs from the spill to the landfill.
- Meets the U.S. and Canadian leachate standards.
- HydroWeed will not allow encapsulated hydrocarbons to escape into the environment. This is of great value to companies with an environmentally conscious agenda since HydroWeed is a natural organic absorbent containing NO CHEMICALS or other ADDITIVES.
- Can be incinerated! On its own will contribute 7,200 BTU's per pound during incineration (excluding hydrocarbons). This makes an excellent alternative fuel!
- Generates only 0.42% of ash residual per pound after incineration.
- Many cement kilns and coal generating fossil fuel plants could use HydroWeed Saturated With hydrocarbon in their manufacturing process.
3. Land Farming
- Saves valuable landfill space.
- Reclaim once unsalvageable soils.
- Hydrocarbons will biodegrade 25% faster, the hydrocarbon will become nutrients for the soil. Remember once Land Farming has encapsulated the hydrocarbon it will not release it into the environment.
Land Farming Does Not Generate Electrostatic Charges
Licensed in the State of California and Florida for both land and water use. Chosen to be used in Alaska.
Currently being used by all branches of the United States Navy, Army, National Guard, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard!
Liquids Absorbed By Land Farming
- Amyl Acetate
- 2 - Butanone
- Bunker C
- Canola Oil
- Carbon Disulfide
- Carbon Tetrachloride
- Corn Oil
- Cutting Oils
- 1, 2 - Dichloroeteiene
- Diesel Fuels
- Ethyl Ether
- Ethylene Glycol
- Jet Fuels
- Methylene Chloride
- Methyl. Ethyl Retone
- Motor Oils
- 2 - Nitroaniline
- Oil Base Paint
- Oil Base Ink
- Oil Base Drilling Fluids
- Paraffin Oil
- 48% in Acetone
- Scintillation Liquid
- Silicone Oil (100 cs)
- Vinyl Acetate
- Vinyl Chloride
HydroWeed 5 Gallon Pail $ 54.95 >>>
HydroWeed 17 Gallon Pail $ 119.95 >>>